• Advertisement
Advertise Here
Advertise here!

I SOLD MY SAAB!!!

I SOLD MY SAAB!!!

Postby saabstory » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:35 am

I knew the time would come. I tried to put off the inevitable but I SOLD MY SAAB!!!!!

Yes, after owning 1 SAAB vehicle or another for decades, I have moved on. Please don't hate me for jumping ship. My warranty had expired (not that anyone was honoring them anyway) and I feared expensive repair bills and limited access to parts. Most of all, I saw the rapid depreciation and witnessed the value of my vehicle decrease dramatically over the past few months.

So, while I could still could grab what value was left in the brand, I sold my 9-3 convertible. It was a 2007 60th Anniversary Edition 2.0T. Yes, I miss it, but I am now the proud owner of a 2008 BMW 135i convertible. I've gone over to the Germans. It is, indeed, an "ultimate driving machine." I got it certified pre-owned at Tom Bush BMW. It had only 12,300 miles on it. That is quite good for a 2008. It is black on black with navigation and the M sport package. The power in that 300 horsepower engine does put quite a smile on my face. Plus, I have the balance of the factory warranty AND the certified pre-owned extended warranty. Most of all, I do not forsee BMW going bankrupt any time soon. I couldn't resist the temptation.

I'll still be lurking on the club website. Wishing you all the best and happy to have shared some fun with you all.

Kind Regards!

Robert
saabstory
Crazy Saaber!

Re: I SOLD MY SAAB!!!

Postby metrognome » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:12 am

Sorry to see you go, Robert, but I understand. I still have four years to pay off my 2007 9-3. I am sure I will be upside down on it sooner than later. But I still love my car and am going to hope for the best in terms of upkeep. I can attest that getting parts is already a problem, as I had a wreck a few weeks ago. I did not need many replacement parts, but one was not available, and there are none to be found anywhere -- not new ones anyway. But the C900 owners have been dealing with this kind of thing for years, so I assume/hope it's doable. I'm going to stick it out as long as I can.

I hope the BMW treats you well. Take care.
Sierra-Alpha-Alpha-Bravo
2007 9-3 • 87,000 miles
1999 9-5 SE (2005-2010)
metrognome
Crazy Saaber!

Postby TheDude » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:19 pm

That is a lot of power in that size car. I owned a 323ci for a few years and it was a lot of fun. Glad your enjoying it.

Side note: I love driving my 9-5 and the TD-04 still packs some get up and go. I plan to keep it around for a while, but the car market is certainly changing. We'll see what tomorrow brings.
TheDude
Crazy Saaber!

Postby UTZMAN » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:50 pm

Robert:
Good luck with the New BMW, just be cognisant of the fact that BMW service is even pricier than SAAB service once out of warranty (and even for normal wear and tear). You may have seen the rumors on SAABSUnited that one of the bidders for SAAB in bankruptcy is indeed BMW, so keep your fingers crossed and you may be back in the "family" again, albeit as a lower end division (SAAB). BMW had contracted with the post GM SAAB to provide a turbo 4 engine for the new gen 9-3 so who knows. I makes alot of sense in many ways if they can pull it off and that's who I'm rooting for.
2008 9-3 Turbo X SportCombi Black Stage 4
2011 9-4X Aero Black
(10 SAABs in the last 24 years including 9000 CD, 9-3 Convertible, 9-3 Sport Sedan(2), 9-3 SportCombi Aero, 9-5 Aero, 9-2X-SAABaru, 9-7X - better than a Trailblazer)
UTZMAN
Crazy Saaber!

Postby stevehayes01 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:06 am

UTZMAN wrote:Robert:
Good luck with the New BMW, just be cognisant of the fact that BMW service is even pricier than SAAB service once out of warranty (and even for normal wear and tear). You may have seen the rumors on SAABSUnited that one of the bidders for SAAB in bankruptcy is indeed BMW, so keep your fingers crossed and you may be back in the "family" again, albeit as a lower end division (SAAB). BMW had contracted with the post GM SAAB to provide a turbo 4 engine for the new gen 9-3 so who knows. I makes alot of sense in many ways if they can pull it off and that's who I'm rooting for.

Wait SAAB is the lower end of it......and here I thought the BMW was the inferior one!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
stevehayes01
Site Admin

Postby UTZMAN » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:29 pm

I really meant that BMW was the inferior car but I was trying to be politically correct. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
2008 9-3 Turbo X SportCombi Black Stage 4
2011 9-4X Aero Black
(10 SAABs in the last 24 years including 9000 CD, 9-3 Convertible, 9-3 Sport Sedan(2), 9-3 SportCombi Aero, 9-5 Aero, 9-2X-SAABaru, 9-7X - better than a Trailblazer)
UTZMAN
Crazy Saaber!

Return to Club News