• Advertisement
Support This Site

Hello, New Saab owner here just saying hi.

Please take a moment to intorduce your self to the group by telling us what you drive and a little about yourself.

Hello, New Saab owner here just saying hi.

Postby godzilla » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:32 pm

I am a total Saab N00b. :-)

Just bought a sun green metallic/black top 2002 9-3 SE turbo convertible and am saying high.

Here are some pictures of the one I bought

http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x56/ ... Saab%2093/

broke down on my drive home after buying it, but its just the alternator/serpentine belt and will be back on the road tomorrow...
godzilla
Crazy Saaber!

Re: Hello, New Saab owner here just saying hi.

Postby TheDude » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:02 pm

Welcome to the board and great looking Saab. Sorry to hear about your belt, but I'm sure you will have fun getting to know your car. First thing I did on mine was get a new emblem, check out eeuroparts.com.

James
TheDude
Crazy Saaber!

Postby godzilla » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:34 pm

the emblem on the front hood could do with a replacement... thanks for the tip, ill check that site. some of the speakers don't work either. also missing a tiny piece of plastic on one side only that covers a small groove relating to the top mechanism...

was reading on here about some modifications that can be made, starting with software... Is that something that can be done to this model saab? and does boosting performance affect reliability? this is going to be my daily driver, so I want to do all I can to aid in its longevity...

Thanks for the welcome. :)
godzilla
Crazy Saaber!

Postby godzilla » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:46 pm

on picture 11 of the gallery you can see the tiny black hole where it used to be on one side. you can also see that it is intact on the other side...
godzilla
Crazy Saaber!

Postby GB24Hours » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:52 am

Welcome Godzilla! Nice to have you here. Where do you reside?

Don't let the belt thing worry you... ALL cars need belts, hoses, brakes, and such. But Saabs don't like to be neglected. Stay on top of things, replace parts as they wear, rather than waiting for them to break, and she might take you a half-million miles if you want her to.

Keep an eye on the Club News section of the board for announcements of events, and be sure to PM Scott (metrognome) with your e-mail address, as he does a nice job of broadcasting pertinent news via e-mail.
1990 900 Turbo SPG, red
2007 9-3 Aero Sedan, black
1986 Nissan 300ZX, red
GB24Hours
Crazy Saaber!

Postby godzilla » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:43 am

I'm out towards the beaches in jacksonville, kernan and atlantic in kensington. I work across from the world golf village in saint augustine, so I get a lot of travel every day :) It will be fun to take the Saab to kings head, I see european cars there a lot. Yea, I don't think anything of the belt. I just hope it didn't have a lot of sitting before I bought it. I'm getting a full diagnostic check done as well (Yea, probably should have done that before I bought it, but I was following my heart and this car had it...)
godzilla
Crazy Saaber!

Postby godzilla » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:12 pm

well, just got it back! full maintenance checkup done (mechanic said (unsolicited comment,) that it was like a new car and in awesome shape and he thought it was gorgeous. :) Love to hear that :) ,) fixed the belt and replaced a valve stem ($160 out the door, parts and labor. Seems pretty decent to me...) Just drove it to work for the firs time. VERY HAPPY :-)
godzilla
Crazy Saaber!

Postby godzilla » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:26 pm

well i ordered a new hood emblem, and a new trunk emblem :-) thanks for the tip! all the other emblems, (tire, tire stem cover and steering wheel, look perfect.)
godzilla
Crazy Saaber!

Postby Senor Don » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:46 am

Welcome Godzilla! Good to see another SAAB supporter.

Happy SAABing!
2002 Midnight Blue Metallic Linear
1996 Citrin Beige CS
1997 Scarabe Green CS - sold 11/20/12
1995 Ruby Red CS (RIP, 01/14/2010)
Senor Don
Crazy Saaber!

Postby godzilla » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:42 pm

Alternator fixed and now have been happily saabing again :-)
godzilla
Crazy Saaber!

Postby godzilla » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:00 pm

haven't posted in a bit 'cause I like to keep things positive whenever possible. Just had to get this off my chest, though :-)

The top caught itself once whilst going up (made a tiny nick in itself.) got it 'fixed' at op cad/saab. literally the next day, it starts leaking. It works, otherwise, for two days. When I can get it in the next weekend, they tell me the hydraulics have failed on one side ($500,) and may fail on the other side ($500) at any point. They tell me they don't how they didn't notice that when I brought it in before. Also, they bent the control arm to get it working the first time and that may need to be fixed at any point ($500+) So my favorite time of the year to go topless hits and I have a non-working top :( I wouldn't have spent $520+ on the first fix if I knew it had another $1500-$2000 waiting the in the wings at any point. sigh.

Is there any way to use this top manually or cost to have it modified to work manually? I don't care if its powered or not, I just want my topless back! :-)

Thanks again to everyones help regarding the other things.
godzilla
Crazy Saaber!

Postby Saabhelp » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:23 pm

Welcome to the world of saab stories LOL
Full stable (yea right)
Saabhelp
Crazy Saaber!

Postby UTZMAN » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:34 pm

Welcome! You would be surprised at the number of SAAB lovers in a warm weather state like Florida. :ugeek:
2008 9-3 Turbo X SportCombi Black Stage 4
2011 9-4X Aero Black
(10 SAABs in the last 24 years including 9000 CD, 9-3 Convertible, 9-3 Sport Sedan(2), 9-3 SportCombi Aero, 9-5 Aero, 9-2X-SAABaru, 9-7X - better than a Trailblazer)
UTZMAN
Crazy Saaber!

Return to Member Introductions